Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Farm Holiday Park is set in 30 acres of wooded parkland just 50 metres from the beach in the remarkable and sophisticated town of Aldeburgh, Suffolk and located within a quiet unspoilt resort about ½ a mile south of Thorpeness, Suffolk. Aldeburgh is an expceptional place to visit, benefiting from a unique seaside splendour that is Suffolk's glorious Heritage Coast. At its heart is the traditional fishing community of Aldeburgh, stretching along the shingle causeway to the pretty holiday village of Thorpeness.
Aldeburgh was developed on the site of a medieval fishing, shipbuilding and port site and derives its name from the Anglo Saxon term for an "old fort". The seafront is now a conservation area and it remains completely unspoilt in a delightful position between the sea and river Alde. Bordering the park to the North is the RSPB wetland conservation area, ideal for those interested in wildlife and caravan touring.
Seasonal Dates: Open March - Close end of December. Touring Pitches available from the 1st April to 31st October (Caravans and Motor homes only).
Attractions at Aldeburgh
Aldeburgh tourist attractions keep all holiday makers busy, by offering the following activities:
- Fishing - in the sea, Alde River or Thorpeness Meare.
- Golf - the town has an 18 and a 9 hole heathland course.
- Tennis and Bowls in Aldeburgh.
- Walking - many local walks including coastal and heathland paths.
- Eating Out - local hotels, inns and restaurants.
- Sailing - two local sailing clubs.
- Aldeburgh Festival - attracts music lovers from all over the world in June.
- Cinema - evening films and occasional matinees in Aldeburgh.
- Bathing - the beach is just the other side of the promenade.
Places to Visit
- Moot Hall Museum on the Seafront
- The Old Custom House in the High Street
- Martello Tower at Slaughden - dating from the Napoleonic Wars
- Snape Maltings - Concert Hall, Craft Shops, Wine Bar, Tea Rooms, Art Gallery, Countrywear and Healthfood Shops.
- Thorpeness Meare (64 acres) rowing boats, punt, sailing boat and canoe hire.
- Nature Reserves - North Warren (at Thorpeness) and Minsmere (4 miles north).
- Windmill (and Heritage Centre) and House in the Clouds - Thorpeness.
- Leiston Abbey, Glemham Hall, Orford and Framlingham Castles
- Ipswich - major shopping centre.